- All Pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary.
- All prices are subject to change without notice due to exchange rate fluctuations, shipping costs and availability.
- Hardwood decking products are carefully selected and inspected to ensure the quality. However, all natural wood is subject to expansion and contraction as the moisture in the environment surrounding the wood changes. Shrinkage, expansion, checking and other movement are normal occurrences in all hardwood decking. Natural wood products are subject to variances in color, grain, density and performance.
H&M Timber Solutions decking is not warranted against improper use and must be installed as per installation guidelines.
H&M Timber Solutions does not cover:
- Improper installation, including incorrect gaping.
- Movement or distortion from the ground or supporting structure on which the decking is installed
- Staining from foreign substances including but not limited to dirt, oil & grease.
- Ordinary wear and Tear.
- Dimensional change or “cupping” of the boards. This can occur after installation. Many different circumstances can cause cupping including poor ventilation or incorrect joist spacing. This is true for all wood species.
The main reason board’s cup is from moisture. Ventilation of the deck is a key factor. If the deck is low to the ground and the ground does not drain fast enough, the evaporating moisture rises and is trapped underneath the deck.
When the bottoms of the boards dry more slowly than the top of the board which has free air flow and sunlight, the boards may cup. The best prevention is to allow ventilation under your decking.
WARNING: MERBAU timber contains naturally occurring tannin which can “bleed” from the timber when first installed.
To avoid “tannin bleed” there are several things that can be done:
- Wash the timber down with water 2-3 times before installation to help flush out the tannins.
- Seal the timber with a quality decking oil or decking sealant on all sides and cut ends before installing.
- Avoid installing above light coloured paving, render or brickwork as the leaked tannin is likely to cause permanent staining particularly if left to dry out.
- Be sure to wash away any leaked tannin with water immediately to avoid staining.